Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Redeeming Childbirth Book Review

 In my last post I alluded to a great new ministry that I was so excited to be a part of. Today I want to share that ministry with you. I've been so blessed to be included as a part of the launch team for Angie Tolpin's new book Redeeming Childbirth.



 Most who know me know that I'm an avid reader. As with my other two pregnancies, when I learned I was expecting this baby I gathered every book I had on the subject of pregnancy and childbirth. I've read so many of the classics and like most expectant mom's I searched for more. Pregnancy is such an uncertain season in a woman's life. The joy of bringing forth a new life is often dimmed by the uncertainty of the unknown. It's no surprise that women hungrily devour every morsel of information they can get, hoping to provide answers to the questions keeping them awake at night.

I'm not just talking about questions like "Can I eat this or that?" or "How much weight should I gain?" or "When should I call my doctor?" I'm talking about real deep seeded fears and feelings that arise during impending parenthood such as"Can I really do this?" "Will I be a good mom?" and "Does anyone really understand or care how I'm feeling?" I'm talking about feeling helpless and hopeless when you can't hold down food or physically care for the children you already have. What about the crippling anxiety that something might go wrong. Where does an expectant mom go to deal with these feelings?


There are thousands of books on pregnancy and childbirth. Redeeming Childbirth is the first to provide women with the tools and encouragement to prepare for birth and life as a mom by pointing them to the never failing love of our Creator and Lord. Angie lovingly guides women to seek the Savior in this time and to find rest in Him.




One of my favorite songs right now talks about finding God no matter where we are, seeking him in the season and circumstance we are in. I love that Redeeming Childbirth encourages women to do just that. To know that birth doesn't have to be a time of fear. It can even be a time of ministry to others as we allow God to be Glorified in our pregnancies, labor and delivery.

It's not just for expectant mom's either. God wants the church to be unified in supporting expectant families through this season. Every woman who has or who hopes to have children will benefit from reading this book. I'm so excited that Angie has included chapters that instruct Titus 2 women in how to promote unity and encourage expectant mothers in a Godly way. I also want to note that 10% of profits from sales will be going to provide free copies of this book to Pregnancy Resource Centers and Women's Health Professionals as an evangelistic effort.

I'm so excited about this week and I hope you will join in celebrating the launch of Redeeming Childbirth. As the week goes on, I hope to be able to blog more and share more with you about how this book is personally ministering to my heart.

In the meantime I want let you in on some of the exciting things taking place this week.

GIVEAWAYS!!!! That's right! To celebrate the launch week there are some great giveaways going on this week at Redeemingchildbirth.com including a Mini-Ipad giveaway. There will also be a Twitter Party tonight with more great prizes at #RedeemingChildbirth you can find more info and RSVP here.


No comments:

Post a Comment